- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 oz.) package fresh spinach leaves
- 8 oz. green beans, ends removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Set up a bowl of ice and set aside.
- Once water is boiling, add green beans and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green.
- Remove from water and transfer to ice bath immediately to prevent further cooking.
- Roughly chop green beans into small pieces, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Take each chicken breast half and place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet (or other heavy object) to pound out the meat to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and, once hot, add spinach, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Sauté spinach until wilted, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add spinach and garlic to green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange flattened chicken breasts in front of you with the narrowest end nearest you and place about 1/4 vegetable mixture in the center of each breast.
- Roll the small end away from you and wrap up the chicken and green beans and spinach. Secure with toothpicks or butcher’s twine.
- Heat remaining olive oil in original frying pan and, once oil is hot but not burned, add chicken rolls to pan.
- Cook chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown, then transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through but still moist.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Chow