Why are you having trouble losing weight even though you are eating moderately? Why do you suffer from heartburn or bloating every night after dinner? Are you really absorbing all the nutrients you need from your meals? If you’ve ever asked yourself similar questions, functional nutrition testing can give you clarity about the root causes of certain health conditions.
By focusing on your biochemical individuality and specific metabolic needs, I can utilize these tests to create targeted nutrition therapy that can help prevent disease and promote healing in your body.
Fees for testing are based on individual tests, some of which may be covered by your medical insurance.
Some options for functional testing:
- Digestive Wellness Profile – For those with chronic digestive disorders such as reflux, diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, IBD and/or IBS.
- Nutritional Wellness Profile – For clients who want more objective information about their health through nutritional assessment of their blood chemistry. Specific supplement recommendations and meal planning will accompany this extensive written report.
- Adrenal Stress Index – For those who feel that the stress-response hormone cortisol and chronically elevated stress levels may be wreaking havoc on their weight loss and energy. (Cortisol can impact emotional well-being and the tendency to pack on pounds easily. Imbalanced levels of this hormone are also linked to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and cancer).
- Food Sensitivity Testing – For clients who experience a myriad of health related symptoms, this test can identify the root cause of those issues. By identifying food sensitivities, you can help mitigate weight gain, headaches, skin disorders, digestive disorders and mood issues.
- Digestive Stool Analysis – All health starts in the gut, and this test will help you get to the root of your digestive issues by going straight to the source.
- Athletic Performance Testing – This test explores core nutrients in five key areas: Antioxidants, B Vitamins, Digestive Support, Essential Fatty Acids and Minerals. Additionally, this test looks at oxidative stress (free-radical damage) that may be present. Based on results of the tests, optimal supplementation and dietary interventions will be recommended.